Here are the latest measures we're taking to ensure the health and safety of our members:
- We are turning off our drinking fountains. Please bring a full drink bottle with you when you come to the gym
- We are no longer providing yoga mats or boxing gloves. Please bring your own to class with you
- We are limiting numbers in studios to no more than 100 people
- We are limiting numbers on our gym floor to no more than 100 people
- We are spacing participants in classes to maintain a 1.5m social distance
- We have reduced spaces in our bookable classes. These changes are in effect now
- We have increased the changeover times between classes to give you more time to clean equipment
- We will be making timetable changes. Please bear with us while we work behind the scenes to update the App and the timetable
- We are asking you to respect other people’s personal space around the gym and maintain a 1.5m distance between others
- We have closed out saunas.
What can you do to help out? Apart from keep on coming and enjoy your workouts, the best thing is to stay 1.5 metres away from the next person, to keep you both safe.
We all need to do what we can to slow the spread of the virus – together we’ll get through this.
HYGIENE AROUND THE CLUBS
Look, we're not going to pretend COVID-19 isn't a thing.
We're also not going to pretend we're experts in the field, so please check out the latest advice and news from the Ministry of Health here. You can also call the National Telehealth service for free on 0800 358 5453 which is available 24/7.
What we can do is give you a couple of reminders about how to do the basics well:
- Avoid close contact with people with cold or flu-like illnesses
- Cover coughs and sneezes with disposable tissues or clothing
- Wash hands for at least 20 seconds with water and soap and dry them thoroughly, before eating or handling food, after using the toilet, after coughing, sneezing, blowing your nose or wiping children’s noses and after caring for sick people
- If you’re working out please wipe down all machines and gear after use, with the spray / wipes located throughout the gym
If you feel ill at any stage you should stay away from the gym and self-isolate. Here's how to self-isolate.
Image credit: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public