Les Mills Extreme is about to go through a major refurbishment!
It’s all about increasing the amount of space we dedicate to working out – that means much better, and bigger, studios and workout areas. While we’re at it, we’re also undertaking earthquake strengthening, which will ensure our building will continue to stand up to the test of time (and Wellington’s shaky ground).
When we’ve finished the club, these are the things you’ll notice:
- A new group fitness studio
- New functional lifting area
- New boxing studio
- New immersive cycling studio
- New functional athletic area
- Updated women’s gym
- More equipment on the gym floor and more room for working out
- A new design makeover
- Plus, earthquake strengthening which will involve all areas of the gym
Once works are complete, we’ll be re-launching as Les Mills Taranaki Street.
We’re itching to get started! Building works kick off in March 2018 and we expect it to take about 12 months to complete. We're going to do it in stages for minimal disruption to our members, and as health and safety is our number one priority, it means that at times there will be areas which are off limits while they're being worked on.